Water is essential for life and it plays a vital role in proper functioning of the body. You can survive without having food for 3-4 weeks but a person cannot survive more than 4-5 days without water. We all know that in order to stay hydrated and healthy, we need to drink 7 to 8 glasses of water a day. However, most of us are not aware of the fact that drinking water early in the morning on an empty stomach has its own particular benefits. In fact, many of us start our morning with a cup of tea or coffee which is actually not good for their health. Drinking pure water early in the morning enhances your wellbeing and makes you more energetic.
Listed are Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water on an Empty Stomach
Drinking a glass of water early in the morning has many benefits like it helps colon cleansing, better and faster absorption of nutrition, keeps you hydrated, etc. It also helps in increasing the production of muscle cells and new blood cells. Drinking water can help flush your bowels and even help you in regulating your digestive tract. Whether you are thirsty or not, drinking water on an empty stomach will always have its advantages. Following are the benefits of drinking water in the empty stomach:
- Helps in Weight Loss: In the previous post, we have already discussed How Drinking Pure Water Helps You Lose Weight. Drinking water early in the morning before consuming anything, helps you to flush out toxin and diminish bloating. Consuming water at frequent intervals will help in keeping your stomach full. It can also speed up your metabolism and help in burning calories faster.
- Makes Your Skin Glow: Toxins in your body would probably let you experience dullness in your skin. However, water is known to cleanse those toxins from your body and subsequently, you get a gleaming skin. Drinking pure water would detoxify your body and this will result in bringing up the fair skin. If you wish to have a glowing skin, it is very important to build the habit of drinking filtered water.
- Averts Headaches: Dehydration is the most common cause of headache. Most of the people get headaches because they don’t drink enough water. Begin your day with a glass of water to fight off headache.
Also Read: Importance of Drinking Water during winter
- Builds Energy: Drinking water on an empty stomach makes your red blood cells grow more quickly. More red blood cells mean more oxygen in your blood. This implies that you will have energy all throughout the day.
- Prevents Diseases & Illness: Drinking pure water on an empty stomach is a great step to make your stomach healthy. It strengthens your immune system. If your immune system is healthy, you will become less prone to diseases and your body becomes strong to fight against infections.
- Boosts Your Immunity: Everyone is aware of the fact that water is essential for our overall health and growth. Water also helps in maintaining the fluid balance in the body and regularly consuming it on an empty stomach can prove to be helpful in boosting your immune system. When your immune system is healthy, you get less prone to illness.
- Increases Appetite: Drinking water on an empty stomach would flush all the waste from our body, thereby increasing our appetite.
- Speeds Up Metabolism: Drinking water can increase your metabolic rate by 24%. Boosting metabolism ensures that your body digests food faster and you derive all the necessary nutrition from the food.
- Promotes Healthy Hair: Drinking water can also promote healthy and shiny hair. Water makes up to 1/4th of the hair and regular intake of water can improve, as well as enhance the quality of hair.
- Prevents Kidney Stone: Water dilutes the acids present in our body, preventing the formation of stones in the kidney. It can also prevent bladder infections as well. 8th March of every year is observed as International Kidney day. Make a pledge to drink at least 3 to 4 liters of water daily to ensure that the healthy functioning of your kidneys.
The Bottom Line
Now that you have understood the benefits of drinking water, you should always ensure to drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily. This will not keep you hydrated but also let you experience all the above-mentioned benefits from it. Talking about drinking water, always make sure that you are drinking 100% pure filtered water as this will keep you healthy.